Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Lost a Blog Link...

It happens.

I read what I thought was a great blog post somewhere...Mind Body Disc, I believe, and now I can't find it.

Here's my attempt at recapping it based upon my memory.

It was a different approach to practice than fieldwork. I do believe fieldwork is worthwhile. But a person's also got to have some fun, too! So, basically, the gist of the post I've lost was about playing on a course or courses in the winter time.

What? The winter time? You're just not right, Joe!!!

Yeah, I've been told that more than once by more than one person! ;^D

The advantage to playing a course in the winter time is that not many others are out hukkin' plastic! So, there's no crowd on the course and one can take multiple throws on any hole! That's beautiful!!! If, a bit chilly. Just get some winter weather clothing like an UnderArmor cold weather shirt and maybe a sweatshirt for over that and some winter weather moisture wicking socks, a beanie for the old bean or ear muffs, grow a pair, grab your discs and practice!!!

Practice 5 or more throws off the teepad.

Then 5 or more midrange or approach shots.

Then 5 or more putts.

Then move on to the next hole.

Guarantee you will warm up as you throw and you'll gain practice time in a variety of shots, in a variety of settings.

Try it and see if it doesn't make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment