Thursday, May 8, 2014

Everything I've posted, I've viewed, attempted to incorporate into my game as much as possible. What I come away with is that this game is much like a pursuit of art. It's lifelong in the attempt to get better. As a musician, graphic designer, and artist, I fidn myself constantly pursuing the next level. The same is true of my journey in disc golf.

I've read one book on golf that was an easy read and a lot of what is talked about in the book is understandable and easily applied. That book is "Golf is Not a Game of Perfect" by Dr. Bob Rotella.

Another book, which intrigues me but I haven't got to yet - life keeps getting in the way and it's just one more on a growing list of books to read; fiddle, mandolin, and fingerstyle guitar tunes to learn; gardening chores to do now that it's spring - is "Zen Golf: Mastering the Mental Game" by Joseph Parent.

My Zen approach is to, as hard as it is at times, forget the last throw and throw the next all the way through the course. And, though you might find me frustrated and upset with my game, I still enjoy the sport, bein' outdoors, gettin' some exercise, hukkin' plastic with some friends, and tryin' to live by Steady Ed Headrick's motto; "Most Fun Wins!"

Here's a video of Steady Ed Headrick on Johnny Carson from back when Black and White television was still in vogue. A great interview as only Johnny can do!

More...with some interesting little bits of Frisbee lore!

Here's a 1993 interview with Steady Ed Headrick.

and here is the Ripley's Believe It Or Not episode after Steady Ed's passing.

For those of you who would like to read more about Steady Ed Headrick go to this link which is on the Disc Golf Association's (DGA) page.

No comments:

Post a Comment