Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Disc Golf Grips Sum Up

Over the past few weeks I've covered disc golf grips at the request of a reader, co-worker, and player in the Clock Tower Disc Golf League. I hav a PDF of the various grips I screen captured and cropped from various videos. The document is set up so one could print it as a two sided page and the grips should line up behind each other. A person could then trim it, get the individual grips laminated and keep in one's disc bag as a reference. If you're interested in this PDF, send me an email at joe.nobiling@gmail.com and I'll return a copy to you.

There are many variations within the world of grips. Players develop variations on their own or other players share their grips. A player in our area shared his variation on a power grip where instead of four fingers he only has two as he feels it gives him the same distance but better control and accuracy. I've used this grip with a good degree of success.

While doing research for the previous grip posts I came across a list of alternative grips by Dave Dunipace of Innova. This link is found at Dave's Grip Tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment